Tales of a Toddler

Tales of a Toddler
Take a Walk With Me and My Toddler

Friday, July 9, 2010

Nap Time Creations: Personalized Pail

Every child loves buckets.

When I was a kid I had an ice cream bucket that held all of my special things.

Looking back I can remember going no where without that bucket.

For my son (to hold his special things) I personalized an empty drywall container.





With a few scraps of leftover fabric, glue, felt, and a little paint he has his own personalized pail.


My bucket story:

As a toddler I was discovered walking down the middle of a major highway close to my home. I was on my way to grandma's carrying my ice cream bucket full of neccessities (mainly crayons) wearing only a diaper.

A neighbor picked me up and delivered me to safety and a serious spanking.

Each encounter with this life-saving neighbor as well as ice cream buckets provoke a remembrance of this incident and a reminder to always keep a watchful eye on my toddler and his bucket (hence the orange trim)!




No comments:

Post a Comment