Tales of a Toddler

Tales of a Toddler
Take a Walk With Me and My Toddler

Friday, June 18, 2010

Dreams of Silver and Green!

Regretfully, I missed revival last night because my precious baby had a virus. Fever and vomiting into the night was an unpleasant experience for all involved. I was in charge of toddler pampering and my husband served as cleanup crew. By morning, it seemed that our efforts had paid off and he was feeling much better.


Bright and early he awoke (with his eyes still closed) repeatedly muttering the word “tractor.” A few seconds later his sparkling blue eyes appeared and he gleamed at me with the most sincere look I had ever seen. With this look came the phrase, “Ma, money!” I knew that his night had been filled with tractor rides and piles of quarters, his two favorite things. I did ponder as to what life would be like when he figured out that with money comes more tractors!

Many children have a comfort item (a toy or blanket) that makes them feel safe in times of illness or distress. For my son comfort comes with a tractor ride and the clanging of quarters. The tractors have to be GREEN and the quarters shiny. He is rather picky when it comes to quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment