Tales of a Toddler

Tales of a Toddler
Take a Walk With Me and My Toddler

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Here Kitty, Kitty!

I totally despise cats. When my son was born one magically appeared. He developed an attachment for it so out of the goodness of my heart I kept it. Keeping it, however, did not mean that I liked it or had to be nice to it.

A few weeks ago I noticed that my son's attitude toward this cat had changed. When he saw the cat he would kick it, call it stupid, and even throw stuff at it. I was glad that he no longer liked the cat but was also confused as to why he was treating it so harshly. During a conversation with my husband regarding this situation, he enlightened me as to the cause of our child's newfound behavior toward his pet. Evidentally, it was a case of "monkey see, monkey do" and apparently he was thankful that I did not share these same feline feelings for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment