Tales of a Toddler

Tales of a Toddler
Take a Walk With Me and My Toddler

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

That Smell

Accompanied by my favorite little helper, I did a little delayed spring cleaning. As I cleaned and he played; an old, cheap bottle of cologne was discovered. It was a mesmerizing blue bottle with a bright shiny top. The downside was that it was filled with the biggest stink I had ever smelt. He refused to give it up so to secure the vile odor I closed the lid tightly and kept my fingers crossed that it would stay that way.

Eventually I forgot about the blue toxin and continued my chores. Papaw visited and helped us clean for a short while. His departure brought pure havoc. To diffuse the situation he took his side kick (and the cologne) home with him.

When I finished for the day I went to collect my offspring and found the two relaxing in the recliner engaged in serious cartoon mode. I also noticed a familiar blue bottle clutched tightly in my child's hand. Suddenly, the bottle hit the floor releasing the mind numbing scent.

I don't know what brought on this act of aggression but I do know that the aromatic effects will linger for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment